Life Update- Cat Cafe, Graduation and 2 Year Blogging Anniversary


Is it just me or is this year going by so quick?! I've had a fairly busy few months since the year started so I thought in this post I would talk about some of the things that have been going on in my life (for the past 6 months!)


Graduation:

The biggest life update I have to share with you is that this year was my third and final year at University. My course ended with our final year degree show exhibition which thankfully went well and then, a couple of weeks ago I officially graduated. After three years of stress, hard work, and laughter, I now have a 2:1 BA Honours degree!

So a couple of weeks ago it was time to graduate. The ceremony wasn't quite like High School Musical; we didn't all break into song at the end and collectively throw our caps in the air to the sound of applause and cheers. Personally for me, I started the day feeling extremely nervous and anxious (thanks for that brain) which unfortunately meant I couldn't appreciate the day as much as I'd have liked to, but when I found my fellow course mates, I started to relax and actually enjoy myself. I will say, I'm quite proud of myself for not falling over as I crossed the stage to receive my certificate as that was probably my biggest worry of the day. All in all, the day went pretty smoothly and it was just good to see everyone again before we all went our separate ways.

 
So that's my undergraduate degree officially over! I'm not sure where the past three years have gone but looking back, it's been a pretty great three years. I might write a post about what I have learnt from my university experience at a later date and maybe some tips about what to expect so if you think that would be a good idea, please let me know!

Cat Café:

Before moving back home I payed a visit with my friend to Lady T's Cat Café in my university town of Derby. Lady T's is the first of its kind in Derby and for those who have never heard of a cat café before, it's exactly as it sounds. Cat lovers unite! There are places you can go to drink tea and eat cake, whilst petting all the cats! The staff in the café were all really friendly, the food was great, and I made friends with a few of the cat residents, particularly a sphinx named Alan! Alan, what a name?! If you happen to be visiting the Derby area, I would definitely pay Lady T's Café a visit! Whilst at the café I couldn't help but take photos of some of the super cute cats, so here we have Alan, Kevin, and Rocky!

Alan
Kevin
Rocky

Pinterest:

Despite not being very active on my blog recently, I have continued to use Pinterest in my free time. I've been using the site for a few years now and love using it, so this year, I set up an account for this blog. If you'd like to follow my boards you can find me here!

2 Year Blog Anniversary!

On a slightly different note, Monday the 25th July marked 2 years since I first posted on this blog. I spent some time thinking about some of the things I have learnt over the last two years and also about my aims for the future of this space on the internet! I would still say I'm quite new to the blogging world and I definitely have a lot to learn about how it all works but I'm so glad I decided to take a step into this world of blogging and I now hope to dedicate a lot more time and energy into this blog.

Megan x

Social Media Links
 
Bloglovin     Pinterest     Google+

Comments

Popular Posts